What are some popular weight-loss diets?

Judy Caplan
Nutrition & Dietetics Specialist

There are so many diets out there. I like the GoBeFull diet which is a based on foods that lead to weight loss and wellness. I also like diets recommended by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Visit www.eatright.org for other recommendations.

Ruth Frechman
Nutrition & Dietetics Specialist

Weight-loss diets have been around for thousands of years from high protein diets to fasting. Finally, people are starting to realize that quick-fix plans to lose weight don't work. Statistics show that when people lose weight, most people gain the weight back. That's because they aren't changing their lifestyle. Once they go off the diet, they go back to their old habits. I recommend The Food Is My Friend Diet. You slowly change your habits and control, not eliminate, emotional eating. I have found emotional eating to be the biggest obstacle for losing weight. When your head is in the zone, it's easy to lose weight and maintain it.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Diets

are detox diets dangerous ?
Michelle Carlson, NASM Elite TrainerMichelle Carlson, NASM Elite Trainer
Detoxing has been practiced for centuries and tagged as a great way to rid the body of toxins and wa...
what is the ornish diet ?
Vandana  R. ShethVandana R. Sheth
The Ornish diet is a low-fat, vegetarian diet with an emphasis on the inclusion of whole grains, bea...
do fad diets work ?
Marjorie Nolan CohnMarjorie Nolan Cohn
Yes and NO. Fad diets, when followed a fad diet usually will promote weight loss and a lot of it in ...
what are signs of a fad diet ?
Judy CaplanJudy Caplan
Fad diets promise unrealistic results. They generally ask you to eat in a way that is not sustainab...