What are the health benefits of prepared meal diet plans?

A study published in the Archives of Internal Medicine compared prepared-meal plans like Jenny Craig and Nutrisystem to traditional diets. Of the 302 overweight patients participating in the randomized study, many were suffering from hypertension, dyslipidemia (too much fat in their blood), and/or type 2 diabetes. The doctors found that people on both diets lost weight and improved their blood pressure and cholesterol levels, but the group that used prepared meals "showed greater improvement in quality of life … and compliance." In other words, it can be easier to stick to a healthy eating plan if someone else is making the choices for you.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Diets

Should You Do a Juice Cleanse?
Should You Do a Juice Cleanse?
Preparing for a beach vacation? Need to fit into last season's dress? Or just looking to lose a few pounds? Hopping on the juice cleanse train might b...
What are the rules of a slow-carb diet?
Tim FerrissTim Ferriss
The following are the rules of a slow-carb diet: Rule #1: Avoid "white" carbohydrates (or anything t...
What are some meals I can eat on a slow-carb diet?
Tim FerrissTim Ferriss
Here are some of my slow-carb meals that recur again and again: Breakfast (home): Scrambled Eggology...
Do Internet Diets Really Work?
Do Internet Diets Really Work?