How can I eat enough protein while on a slow-carb diet?

Tim Ferriss
Fitness
Get at least 20 grams of protein per meal. This is absolutely most critical at breakfast. Eating at least 40% of your breakfast calories as protein will decrease carb impulses and promote a negative fat balance. Even 20% protein -- more than most people consume -- doesn't cut it. First choice: down two to three whole eggs at breakfast. Second choice: if that's impossible to stomach, add other protein- rich whole foods, such as turkey bacon, organic bacon, organic sausages, or cottage cheese. Third choice: have a 30-gram protein shake with ice and water.

The first few days you'll feel like you're force-feeding yourself, and then it will all change and you'll feel incredible. Get at least 20 grams of protein per meal, no matter what.

Related problem: not eating enough food. Do not try to restrict portions or calories. Eat until you are full, and eat as much as you like of the approved foods. If you don't, you will either downshift your metabolism or cheat between meals with banned-food snacks.
The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman

Thinner, bigger, faster, stronger... which 150 pages will you read?Is it possible to: Reach your genetic potential in 6 months? Sleep 2 hours per day and perform better than on 8 hours? Lose more fat...

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Diets

The DASH Diet: Eat This Way to Prevent Pain
You've heard the rumors. Or maybe experienced the misery yourself. A kidney stone attack is like no other pain on earth. But a simple choice may help ...
What are signs of a fad diet?
Judy CaplanJudy Caplan
Fad diets promise unrealistic results. They generally ask you to eat in a way that is not sustainab...
What are some meals I can eat on a slow-carb diet?
Tim FerrissTim Ferriss
Here are some of my slow-carb meals that recur again and again: Breakfast (home): Scrambled Eggology...
The Results of The 21-Day Weight Loss Breakthrough