Q

Weight Loss Diets

How can I avoid yo-yo dieting?

• A , Psychiatry, answered
    How can I avoid yo-yo dieting?
    To avoid yo-yo dieting, it's best to incorporate the healthy eating habits that work best for you, that you will stick with for the long term. In this video, I will share some helpful tips for how to avoid yo-yo dieting.
  • A , Cardiology (Cardiovascular Disease), answered
    If you’re a yo-yo dieter and consistently struggle with weight, keep trying. Don’t give up. Trying to achieve a lower weight and reaping the potential health benefits from diet and exercise outweigh the possible risks of weight cycling. However, the trick is to avoid weight cycling altogether and lose weight for good. Here are some tips to accomplish that:
    • Lose Weight Gradually: The best way to lose weight and keep it off is through a gradual, consistent loss of weight -- around two pounds per week. Not only does it help keep the weight off, but it’s also healthier for you.
    • Diet Just for You: One crux to dieting involves the societal disdain for obesity. Many yo-yo dieters stop dieting after many attempts in order to avoid the shame of failure. They calculate that it’s better to not be on a diet and be overweight than to be on a diet and eventually prove to the world that they can’t succeed.
    • Be Positive: If you blame yourself for your weight, if you are depressed about your weight, or if your mood is low because of your weight, then your first job is to refocus. You’ll need to think about what you can do, how you can do it, why it’s good for you, and how you’ll succeed.
    • Add Some Support: Develop a support system of people who know your goals, know your weaknesses, and know your strengths. You can even find support buddies online. This person will be your sounding board, your comfort system, and your measure of accountability. With a positive support system, you’re more likely to make a permanent change.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.
Is the feeding tube diet safe?