Should I talk to my doctor about my GI bleeding symptoms?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of GI bleeding including blood in your stool or vomit, you should speak with your doctor right away. GI bleeding can be a sign of ulcers or a more serious underlying condition. As with any appointment, be sure to discuss with your doctor the causes, symptoms, treatments, and complications associated with GI bleeding.

Continue Learning about GI Bleeding

What is gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding?
The GI tract is the path that your food follows from your mouth, to your esophagus, stomach, small i...
What causes rectal bleeding?
HCA VirginiaHCA Virginia
Rectal bleeding can be bright red (hematochezia) to dark, maroon colored (melena). The most common c...
Does alcohol cause GI bleeding?
Alcohol in large amounts over a period of time can lead to alcoholic gastritis, which can irritate t...
Is there a cure for GI bleeding?
GI bleeding is curable only in as much as the underlying condition that causes GI bleeding is curabl...