What do I need to know about caring for someone with GI bleeding?

You can care for someone with GI bleeding by following the indications of their doctor regarding treatment and prevention. They can also manage this condition by keeping close track of any symptoms and avoiding those things that aggravate the condition. Aggravates of GI bleeding include smoking, drinking alcohol, and taking steroids or pain relievers. Additionally, help them to manage the conditions that are causing GI bleeding.

Continue Learning about GI Bleeding

What increases my risk for GI bleeding?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The main risk factor for GI bleeding is older age—but remember, GI bleeding is usually a sign of ano...
Does alcohol cause GI bleeding?
Manuel E. Rodriguez, MDManuel E. Rodriguez, MD
Learn how consuming alcohol, especially in excess, can irritate and damage the GI tract. Watch this ...
Is there a cure for GI bleeding?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
GI bleeding is curable only in as much as the underlying condition that causes GI bleeding is curabl...
Is GI bleeding serious?
GI bleeding can be very frightening when it is found in your feces, mucus, or vomit. However, th...