Should I talk to my doctor about pyloric stenosis?

You should consult your doctor if you suspect pyloric stenosis. If your child vomits forcefully and frequently after eating and is not gaining weight, you should consult your doctor. Any signs of lethargy, a failure to gain weight, or a reduction in urine output or bowel movements call for a visit to the doctor.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Tract Birth Defects

What is gastroschisis?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Gastroschisis, which means "belly cleft" in Greek, typically appears as a 2- to 4-centimeter opening...
What is omphalocele?
Omphalocele, also known as exomphalos, is a birth defect of the abdominal (belly) wall. The infant’s...
What is atresia?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Atresia is a complication that occurs in an estimated 10 to 15 percent of gastroschisis cases.With a...
What is congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH)?
Overland Park Regional Medical CenterOverland Park Regional Medical Center
A congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH) is when the diaphragm in a fetus does not fully develop and ...