Should I talk to my doctor about anal atresia?

Yes, you should talk to your doctor if you suspect your newborn has anal atresia. This is a serious birth defect that can have serious consequences. Infants born with anal atresia should have the problem fixed as soon as possible.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Tract Birth Defects

What is omphalocele?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Omphalocele is a birth defect in which organs that are normally inside the body develop on the outsi...
What is congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH)?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Congenital diaphragmatic hernia, or CDH, is one of the most common birth defects, affecting about on...
What is atresia?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Atresia is a complication that occurs in an estimated 10 to 15 percent of gastroschisis cases.With a...
What is gastroschisis?
Gastroschisis is a birth defect of the abdominal (belly) wall. The baby’s intestines stick outside o...