How do I manage my diaphragmatic hernia on a daily basis?

Diaphragmatic hernia is a very serious condition and requires immediate action. Make frequent visits to the doctor to check on the status of your fetus. If your doctor has found that your child may have a diaphragmatic hernia, surgery will probably be necessary..

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Tract Birth Defects

How is a congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH) repaired surgically?
Overland Park Regional Medical CenterOverland Park Regional Medical Center
A congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH) is most commonly repaired through the abdomen using an incis...
What is atresia?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Atresia is a complication that occurs in an estimated 10 to 15 percent of gastroschisis cases.With a...
What is gastroschisis?
Gastroschisis is a birth defect of the abdominal (belly) wall. The baby’s intestines stick outside o...
What is omphalocele?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Omphalocele is a birth defect in which organs that are normally inside the body develop on the outsi...