What lifestyle changes should I make if I have appendix cancer?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Your doctor can give the best advice on how to make treatment most effective, such as changes made to prepare for and recover from surgery and aid in chemotherapy. Most doctors will recommend living as healthy as possible by eating and sleeping well, exercising, and avoiding alcohol, drugs, and smoking. Also, some lifestyle additions like yoga or tai chi and acupuncture could help ease anxiety and psychological distress.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Cancer

What do I need to know about caring for someone with carcinoid syndrome?
If you are taking care of someone with carcinoid syndrome, you should, first and foremost, make sure...
How should I prepare for an appointment to diagnose carcinoid cancer?
The first thing you should know when you go to an appointment to diagnose carcinoid cancer is that y...
What is Biliary cancer?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
There are two primary types of Biliary (Hepatobiliary) cancer: hepatocellular carcinoma, which refer...
Are the symptoms the same for colon, rectal, and anal cancer?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Symptoms for colon, rectal and anal cancer can be similar, but none of the symptoms are specific to ...