What lifestyle changes should I make if I have appendix cancer?

Your doctor can give the best advice on how to make treatment most effective, such as changes made to prepare for and recover from surgery and aid in chemotherapy. Most doctors will recommend living as healthy as possible by eating and sleeping well, exercising, and avoiding alcohol, drugs, and smoking. Also, some lifestyle additions like yoga or tai chi and acupuncture could help ease anxiety and psychological distress.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Cancer

Surprising Ways Aspirin Protects Against Gastrointestinal Cancer
In addition to introducing Emily Wickersham as the future Agent Bishop, the broadcast of the NCIS episode, Gut Check, challenged the team’s newest ass...
Foods That Can Reduce Your Risk of Stomach Cancer
Several foods can reduce your risk of stomach cancer, according to Dr. Neal Bernard and Dr. Mehmet Oz. Learn more in this video. Medically reviewed i...
How should I prepare for an appointment to diagnose carcinoid cancer?
The first thing you should know when you go to an appointment to diagnose carcinoid cancer is that y...
Can early detection of colorectal cancer increase my chance of survival?
Aurora Health CareAurora Health Care
Most colorectal cancers develop from polyps. Detecting polyps early and removing them can prevent ca...