What increases my risk for appendix cancer?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Because the cause of appendix cancer is unknown, there is nothing you can avoid to limit your risk of appendix cancer. The only common factor in the development of this cancer is age. The average age of people diagnosed with appendix cancer is 40.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Cancer

Prevent Stomach Cancer with Greek Foods
Prevent Stomach Cancer with Greek Foods
You could cut your risk of stomach cancer by a whopping 33% if you eat like a Greek. That means bulking up on Greek foods like fruit, vegetables, leg...
What is non-cardia gastric cancer?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Unlike gastric cardia cancer, non-cardia gastric cancer is found in all other areas of the stomach o...
How can I help my family cope with my diagnosis of colon or rectal cancer?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
It is common that a diagnosis of colon or rectal cancer may both frighten and upset your family. How...
How is gastrointestinal (GI) or stomach cancer diagnosed?
Dr. Ajay K. Sahajpal, MDDr. Ajay K. Sahajpal, MD
In the absence of being found on incidental screening such as an ulcer that is found after an endosc...