What increases my risk for appendix cancer?

Because the cause of appendix cancer is unknown, there is nothing you can avoid to limit your risk of appendix cancer. The only common factor in the development of this cancer is age. The average age of people diagnosed with appendix cancer is 40.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Cancer

Colorectal Cancer Screenings Should Start at 45, Says American Cancer Society
The American Cancer Society (ACS) has updated its guidelines for colorectal cancer screening to recommend that adults at average risk should begin scr...
Surprising Ways Aspirin Protects Against Gastrointestinal Cancer
In addition to introducing Emily Wickersham as the future Agent Bishop, the broadcast of the NCIS episode, Gut Check, challenged the team’s newest ass...
How should I prepare for an appointment to diagnose carcinoid cancer?
The first thing you should know when you go to an appointment to diagnose carcinoid cancer is that y...
Does carcinoid syndrome affect children differently than adults?
There is no evidence to suggest that carcinoid syndrome affects children differently than adults. Th...