What factors make a difference in the severity of appendix cancer?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

The types of cancerous tumors determine the severity of the appendix cancer. Tumors that are small and only located on the appendix can easily be removed through an appendectomy. Larger tumors, tumors that spread, and types of tumors like adenocarcinoid are more serious to treat. Your doctor can give you a more definitive answer on the severity of your appendix cancer.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Cancer

The Signs and Symptoms of Stomach Cancer
In this video, gastroenterologist Dr. Robynne Chutkan explains the signs and symptoms of gastric cancer, otherwise known as stomach cancer.  Medicall...
How should I prepare for an appointment to diagnose carcinoid cancer?
The first thing you should know when you go to an appointment to diagnose carcinoid cancer is that y...
How does diet affect my risk of stomach cancer?
Dr. Robynne K. Chutkan, MDDr. Robynne K. Chutkan, MD
Nitrates and nitrites in smoked and preserved meats can form compounds called nitrosamines. Animal s...
6 Ways to Help Prevent Stomach Cancer
6 Ways to Help Prevent Stomach Cancer6 Ways to Help Prevent Stomach Cancer6 Ways to Help Prevent Stomach Cancer6 Ways to Help Prevent Stomach Cancer
While genetics play a role in one’s risk, eating the right foods, exercising and avoiding smoking can help lower your odds. Back in the 1930s, stomach...