What do I need to know about caring for someone with appendix cancer?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

To care for someone with appendix cancer, you should help in their treatments by making recovery more comfortable for them. Surgery can cause discomfort and chemotherapy has side effects of pain, nausea, and vomiting. Also tend to their emotional needs by being supportive and positive throughout their treatment and recovery.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Cancer

Reduce Colon Cancer Risk 65 Percent with This Meal
You could drop your risk of colon cancer by as much as 65 percent with this simple and delicious diet switch. Trade that meat-and-potato kabob for a f...
How does diet affect my risk of stomach cancer?
Dr. Robynne K. Chutkan, MDDr. Robynne K. Chutkan, MD
Nitrates and nitrites in smoked and preserved meats can form compounds called nitrosamines. Animal s...
What are the symptoms of gastrointestinal (GI) or stomach cancer?
Gastroenterologist Dr. Robynne Chutkan discusses the symptoms of stomach cancer. Watch Dr. Chutkan's...
6 Ways to Help Prevent Stomach Cancer
6 Ways to Help Prevent Stomach Cancer6 Ways to Help Prevent Stomach Cancer6 Ways to Help Prevent Stomach Cancer6 Ways to Help Prevent Stomach Cancer
While genetics play a role in one’s risk, eating the right foods, exercising and avoiding smoking can help lower your odds. Back in the 1930s, stomach...