What is the rate of incidence of gallbladder cancer?

The rate of incidence of gallbladder cancer varies with ethnicity and gender. The overall incidence rate in North America is two per 100,000 people. However, the rate of incidence is over 15 per 100,000 in women from LaPaz, Bolivia. In addition to South America, other areas where gallbladder cancer is more common include Northern India, Pakistan, Eastern Europe, and East Asia. Out of all cancers affecting the gastrointestinal tract, gallbladder cancer is the fifth most common.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Cancer

Foods That Can Reduce Your Risk of Stomach Cancer
Several foods can reduce your risk of stomach cancer, according to Dr. Neal Bernard and Dr. Mehmet Oz. Learn more in this video. Medically reviewed i...
The Signs and Symptoms of Stomach Cancer
In this video, gastroenterologist Dr. Robynne Chutkan explains the signs and symptoms of gastric cancer, otherwise known as stomach cancer.  Medicall...
How can I help my family cope with my diagnosis of colon or rectal cancer?
It is important to determine from each family member how much they would like to know about your dia...
How should I prepare for an appointment to diagnose carcinoid cancer?
The first thing you should know when you go to an appointment to diagnose carcinoid cancer is that y...