How do I manage my gallbladder cancer on a daily basis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Managing gallbladder cancer on a daily basis can be difficult. Receiving a new, potentially deadly, diagnosis may be frightening. You may wish to speak to a counselor or social worker, or you may want to attend a support group where you can meet other people with similar diagnoses. Gallbladder cancer and its treatments may cause a great deal of fatigue. You can manage this by making sure you have easy access to chairs so you can sit and rest. Also, you may wish to get help with housework and shopping from a friend or family member.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Cancer

What do I need to know about caring for someone with carcinoid syndrome?
If you are taking care of someone with carcinoid syndrome, you should, first and foremost, make sure...
What is familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP)?
Dr. Vincent T DeVita JrDr. Vincent T DeVita Jr
Familial adenomatous polyposis is caused by changes (mutations) in the APC gene that a person inheri...
How common is gastrointestinal (GI) or stomach cancer?
Stomach cancer strikes about one million people each year. It is especially common in other parts of...
What are the symptoms of gastrointestinal (GI) or stomach cancer?
Dr. Robynne K. Chutkan, MDDr. Robynne K. Chutkan, MD
Gastroenterologist Dr. Robynne Chutkan discusses the symptoms of stomach cancer. Watch Dr. Chutkan's...