How do I manage carcinoid syndrome on a daily basis?

The first step to managing carcinoid syndrome is to participate in the treatment your doctor has prescribed. Additionally, there are a few things you can do to minimize your symptoms on a daily basis. For one thing, you should watch out for what causes you to flush, such as alcohol consumption or stress, and reduce it as much as possible. You can also try taking a daily multivitamin to supplement your vitamin intake, as chronic diarrhea can cause you to be malnourished.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Cancer

How Stomach Cancer is Diagnosed
How Stomach Cancer is Diagnosed
Early detection is vital to successfully treating stomach cancer. Here, gastroenterologist Dr. Robynne Chutkan explains the symptoms to look out for a...
Prevent Stomach Cancer with Greek Foods
Prevent Stomach Cancer with Greek Foods
You could cut your risk of stomach cancer by a whopping 33% if you eat like a Greek. That means bulking up on Greek foods like fruit, vegetables, leg...
How should I prepare for an appointment to diagnose carcinoid cancer?
The first thing you should know when you go to an appointment to diagnose carcinoid cancer is that y...
Are the symptoms the same for colon, rectal, and anal cancer?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Symptoms for colon, rectal and anal cancer can be similar, but none of the symptoms are specific to ...