Lifestyle factors that may increase your risk of colorectal cancer include being overweight or obese, being physically inactive, or using tobacco and alcohol. A diet that is high in fat and low in fiber and/or fruit and vegetables may also contribute to an increased risk of colorectal cancer.
- Q What is carcinoid syndrome?
- Q Does red meat cause esophageal and stomach cancers?
- Q How can I help my family cope with my diagnosis of colon or rectal cancer?
- Q Is carcinoid syndrome serious?
- Q Can early detection of colorectal cancer increase my chance of survival?
- Q What increases my risk for carcinoid syndrome?