How can I help my family cope with my diagnosis of colon or rectal cancer?

It is important to determine from each family member how much they would like to know about your diagnosis and how much you, as the patient, are willing to tell them. Sometimes a lack of knowledge can lead to more anger and confusion. Allow your family members to ask questions so they can understand your diagnosis better. There are also many national and local support groups to help patients and families cope with the diagnosis. Your physician or hospital should be able to help you contact these groups.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Cancer

Reduce Colon Cancer Risk 65 Percent with This Meal
You could drop your risk of colon cancer by as much as 65 percent with this simple and delicious diet switch. Trade that meat-and-potato kabob for a f...