Are some types of gallbladder cancer more severe than others?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Papillary adenocarcinoma may be less invasive than other subtypes. This type of cancer tends to grow into the lumen of the gallbladder before it invades the wall. Even within this category, however, there may be variation in tendency to invade. In determining prognosis, it is always important to talk to your doctor or nurse as each case is unique.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Cancer

Reduce Colon Cancer Risk 65 Percent with This Meal
You could drop your risk of colon cancer by as much as 65 percent with this simple and delicious diet switch. Trade that meat-and-potato kabob for a f...
What should I do if I think I have gastrointestinal cancer?
Daniel Labow, MDDaniel Labow, MD
Given the many recent advances in molecular genetics, diagnostic imaging modalities, modern surg...
Is carcinoid syndrome serious?
Carcinoid tumors are very slow-growing tumors, from which you may have no real symptoms for a long t...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with carcinoid syndrome?
If you are taking care of someone with carcinoid syndrome, you should, first and foremost, make sure...