Can exercise decrease my risk of stomach cancer?

Experts recently reviewed 11 related studies, and the results suggest that regular physical activity can reduce the risk of gastric cancer. Further, it doesn't seem to matter what type of exercise you choose -- just the regularity of the exercise was effective. You can walk, hike, bike, swim, dance, play tennis, kick a soccer ball or weight train – just choose to exercise most days of the week to help reduce your risk of stomach cancer.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Cancer

Reduce Colon Cancer Risk 65 Percent with This Meal
You could drop your risk of colon cancer by as much as 65 percent with this simple and delicious diet switch. Trade that meat-and-potato kabob for a f...
The Signs and Symptoms of Stomach Cancer
In this video, gastroenterologist Dr. Robynne Chutkan explains the signs and symptoms of gastric cancer, otherwise known as stomach cancer.  Medicall...
How should I prepare for an appointment to diagnose carcinoid cancer?
The first thing you should know when you go to an appointment to diagnose carcinoid cancer is that y...
What should I do if I think I have gastrointestinal cancer?
Daniel Labow, MDDaniel Labow, MD
Given the many recent advances in molecular genetics, diagnostic imaging modalities, modern surg...