What should I ask my doctor about gallbladder cancer?

Preparing for a doctor appointment to discuss a diagnosis of gallbladder cancer may seem overwhelming. It may be helpful to write down any questions you may have or any symptoms you think are important. When you get to the doctor, you might want to ask about the stage of your cancer, treatment options, and potential side effects. Also, don't be afraid to ask about how much experience your doctor has in the management of gallbladder cancer.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Cancer

Surprising Ways Aspirin Protects Against Gastrointestinal Cancer
In addition to introducing Emily Wickersham as the future Agent Bishop, the broadcast of the NCIS episode, Gut Check, challenged the team’s newest ass...
The Signs and Symptoms of Stomach Cancer
In this video, gastroenterologist Dr. Robynne Chutkan explains the signs and symptoms of gastric cancer, otherwise known as stomach cancer.  Medicall...
What should I do if I think I have gastrointestinal cancer?
Daniel Labow, MDDaniel Labow, MD
Given the many recent advances in molecular genetics, diagnostic imaging modalities, modern surg...
What is the mortality rate for gastrointestinal (GI) or stomach cancer?
Dr. Jill K. Onesti, MDDr. Jill K. Onesti, MD
Gastrointestinal (GI) or stomach cancer may be very aggressive. Survival rates depend on how healthy...