Could I have stomach cancer if I have appetite loss and stomach pains?

Certainly, these could be symptoms of stomach cancer, but they may often be due to benign conditions such as gallbladder attacks, ulcers, or inflammation. Many patients with these symptoms undergo and upper endoscopy with blood work and possibly even a CT scan or ultrasound.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Nor does the contents of this website constitute the establishment of a physician patient or therapeutic relationship. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Cancer

Reduce Colon Cancer Risk 65 Percent with This Meal
You could drop your risk of colon cancer by as much as 65 percent with this simple and delicious diet switch. Trade that meat-and-potato kabob for a f...
Surprising Ways Aspirin Protects Against Gastrointestinal Cancer
In addition to introducing Emily Wickersham as the future Agent Bishop, the broadcast of the NCIS episode, Gut Check, challenged the team’s newest ass...
What is carcinoid syndrome?
Carcinoid syndrome is a combination of symptoms caused by the release of serotonin and other substan...
How does diet affect my risk of stomach cancer?
Dr. Robynne K. Chutkan, MDDr. Robynne K. Chutkan, MD
Nitrates and nitrites in smoked and preserved meats can form compounds called nitrosamines. Animal s...