Who should take Akineton?

Akineton is used to treat the tremors, stiffness, jerky movements and other muscular problems that are associated with Parkinson's disease. The drug is also prescribed when people develop similar difficulties in their movements as a result of anti-psychotic medications. Akineton (the brand name for biperiden) reduces the effects of a chemical in the body that causes decreased muscular control. Ask your doctor or healthcare provider whether this medication is right for you.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Agent

What should I know before taking a urinary anticholinergic?
Urinary anticholinergics may take weeks to reach their full effectiveness. For this reason, some exp...
What are proton pump inhibitors?
Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) block the release of acid by cells that line the stomach. PPIs are the...
What should I know before taking a bile acid sequestrant?
If you have phenylketonuria, a bile acid sequestrant may not be a good option for you. If you have ...
What is Cholbam?
Cholbam is a bile acid intended for the treatment of genetic illnesses that prevent the creation of ...