What should I know before giving my child Lialda?

Before giving your child Lialda (mesalamine) for his ulcerative colitis, you should know that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration does not have enough information to say for sure that the drug is safe and effective for children. This does not mean your child shouldn't take the drug, because his doctor may believe that it is the best treatment for him, even without studies confirming its safety and effectiveness in children.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Agent

What are enzyme replacements?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Enzyme replacements are supplements used to treat exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI). They come...
What are anticholinergic bronchodilators?
Anticholinergic bronchodilators are medications used to open the lungs when they are in spasm for co...
What should I know before taking anticholinergic bronchodilators?
A long-acting inhaled anticholinergic is one of the preferred treatments for people with few, mild d...
Can pregnant women take Toviaz?
Because it is not known how Toviaz (fesoterodine) may affect unborn babies, women who are pregnant o...