What is balsalazide?

Balsalazide is an anti-inflammatory medication used to treat a bowel condition known as ulcerative colitis. It works by reducing swelling in the colon and helps control diarrhea, rectal bleeding, and stomach pain that accompany the disease. It is prescribed under the brand name Colazal.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Agent

What can I do if I have EPI and forget to take my enzyme replacement?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
If you have exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) and forget to take your enzyme replacement, take...
What is Cholbam?
Cholbam is a bile acid intended for the treatment of genetic illnesses that prevent the creation of ...
How safe are proton pump inhibitors (PPIs)?
Talking about a drug being “safe” is relative. Generally, no drug should be taken continuously witho...
What are proton pump inhibitors?
Dr. Gary W. Falk, MDDr. Gary W. Falk, MD
Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) are medications prescribed for patients suffering from gastroesophagea...