What is Asacol HD?

Asacol HD is a drug used to treat ulcerative colitis, a medical condition involving the inflammation of the colon lining. Asacol HD delivers the active ingredient mesalamine, an anti-inflammatory that counteracts the mechanisms through which intestinal tissue becomes inflamed or painful. Asacol HD is an extended-release form of the drug. The impact of one tablet of Asacol HD seems to be somewhat lower than an equivalent dose of regular Asacol.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Agent

What are enzyme replacements?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Enzyme replacements are supplements used to treat exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI). They come...
What should I know before taking a bile acid sequestrant?
If you have phenylketonuria, a bile acid sequestrant may not be a good option for you. If you have ...
What are bile acid sequestrants?
Bile acid sequestrants are drugs that bind with bile acids in the intestine so that they can't be re...
What should I know before taking anticholinergic bronchodilators?
A long-acting inhaled anticholinergic is one of the preferred treatments for people with few, mild d...