What forms of atropine are available?

Atropine is available in either an eye drop solution or an eye ointment. Be sure to follow instructions for this prescription medication and do not use more than the recommended dose. Atropine is usually applied up to three times daily when it is prescribed for pain for eye swelling or inflammation. If atropine is used for eye dilation during an eye exam, the drops will be only used by the health provider during the examination.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Agent

What are anticholinergic bronchodilators?
Anticholinergic bronchodilators are medications used to open the lungs when they are in spasm for co...
What is sulfasalazine?
Sulfasalazine (Azulfidine) is a disease-modifying antirheumatic drug (DMARD) that helps reduce infla...
What should I know before taking sulfasalazine?
Your doctor will need to do blood tests and check your liver function before you start treatment. I...
What are proton pump inhibitors?
Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) block the release of acid by cells that line the stomach. PPIs are the...