How can I manage the side effects of pancreatic enzymes?

Taking pancreatic enzymes with almost all meals right before you eat is a good way you can help manage the side effects of taking the enzymes. Take the dose exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Consider asking the doctor to prescribe extra doses for fatty food meals, like pizza. Do not chew the capsules or open them unless you are mixing the beads with applesauce or pureed pears for a baby. Talk to your doctor about other ways to manage side effects from pancreatic enzymes.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Agent

What should I know before taking a urinary anticholinergic?
Urinary anticholinergics may take weeks to reach their full effectiveness. For this reason, some exp...
What is Cholbam?
Cholbam is a bile acid intended for the treatment of genetic illnesses that prevent the creation of ...
What should I know before taking a bile acid sequestrant?
If you have phenylketonuria, a bile acid sequestrant may not be a good option for you. If you have ...
Do proton pump inhibitors have any side effects?
Dr. Kent A. Holtorf, MDDr. Kent A. Holtorf, MD
Proton pump inhibitors, such as Nexium, Protonics and Prevacid, are associated with dramatic increas...