What should I know about Paremyd before taking it?

Before using Paremyd (hydroxyamphetamine hydrobromide, tropicamide), tell your doctor if you have any type of glaucoma or are at risk for developing it. If you have angle-closure glaucoma, you should not use the medication at all. Your doctor will also want to know if you have a history of certain other medical conditions, such as high blood pressure, heart problems or an irregular heartbeat, an overactive thyroid, or diabetes. If the medication is going to be given to a child, you should be aware that children may be more sensitive to Paremyd's side effects.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Agent

What are anticholinergic bronchodilators?
Anticholinergic bronchodilators are medications used to open the lungs when they are in spasm for co...
What should I know before taking anticholinergic bronchodilators?
A long-acting inhaled anticholinergic is one of the preferred treatments for people with few, mild d...
How effective is sulfasalazine?
Sulfasalazine has been used to treat RA for many years. Studies show that it is effective and works ...
What is a good safety rule when taking proton pump inhibitors?
Use proton pump inhibitors for no longer than 4 weeks. As a safe, well-tolerated alternative, tr...