Is it safe to take Lialda if I'm pregnant?

If you are pregnant, you should talk to your doctor to weigh the pros and cons of taking Lialda (mesalamine) for your ulcerative colitis.

The good news is that when pregnant rats and other lab animals were given high doses of the drug, their litters were not harmed. Still, drugs sometimes behave differently in people than in animals. Because Lialda will get into the bloodstream of your developing fetus, your doctor will prescribe Lialda only if he or she thinks it is the best option for you.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Agent

What should I know before taking a bile acid sequestrant?
If you have phenylketonuria, a bile acid sequestrant may not be a good option for you. If you have ...
How effective are anticholinergic bronchodilators?
Anticholinergic bronchodilators are as effective as long-acting beta-agonists in improving airflow a...
What medications interact with sulfasalazine?
If you are taking heparin, methotrexate, or a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, sulfasalazine may...
What can I do if I have EPI and forget to take my enzyme replacement?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
If you have exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) and forget to take your enzyme replacement, take...