If I am pregnant, is it safe to use glycopyrrolate?

If you're pregnant, talk to your doctor about whether you should take glycopyrrolate (Robinul), a drug prescribed to treat peptic ulcers (sores in the stomach or upper part of the small intestine). There are no controlled studies in pregnant women showing that glycopyrrolate is safe to take during pregnancy. You and your doctor will need to weigh the potential benefits for you of taking the drug against the possible effects on your developing fetus. If you become pregnant while taking glycopyrrolate, call your doctor.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Agent

Do proton pump inhibitors have any side effects?
Side effects may include headaches, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and constipation. P...
What side effects do urinary anticholinergics have?
Side effects may include dryness of the mouth, eyes, and sinuses, blurred vision, abnormal taste, di...
What can I do if I have EPI and forget to take my enzyme replacement?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
If you have exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) and forget to take your enzyme replacement, take...
What are enzyme replacements?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Enzyme replacements are supplements used to treat exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI). They come...