How should I take Relistor (methylnaltrexone)?

Relistor (methylnaltrexone) comes in the form of a liquid that is injected under the skin. It is usually taken once every other day, given by your doctor or a nurse, or you may inject it yourself after proper training. Injections may be given in the upper arm, stomach, or thigh. Each vial and disposable needle should be used only once and then disposed properly. Dosage may be adjusted according to your weight and medical conditions, but do not change your dosage of Relistor or of any other medications without first talking to your doctor. If you develop any new or unusual symptoms while using Relistor, talk to your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Agent

What should I know before taking a bile acid sequestrant?
If you have phenylketonuria, a bile acid sequestrant may not be a good option for you. If you have ...
What are anticholinergic bronchodilators?
Anticholinergic bronchodilators are medications used to open the lungs when they are in spasm for co...
What should I know before taking sulfasalazine?
Your doctor will need to do blood tests and check your liver function before you start treatment. I...
What is Cholbam?
Cholbam is a bile acid intended for the treatment of genetic illnesses that prevent the creation of ...