How is dicyclomine (Bentyl) used?

The irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) drug dicyclomine (Bentyl) is usually taken by mouth four times a day. It can help relieve muscle spasms in the stomach or intestines. It is formulated as an injection, tablet, a capsule or a liquid syrup. You should take dicyclomine about the same time every day and follow the doctor's directions exactly.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Agent

What can I do if I have EPI and forget to take my enzyme replacement?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
If you have exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) and forget to take your enzyme replacement, take...
How effective are anticholinergic bronchodilators?
Anticholinergic bronchodilators are as effective as long-acting beta-agonists in improving airflow a...
Do proton pump inhibitors interact with other medications?
If you are taking any of these medications, proton pump inhibitors can lead to side effects and shou...
How effective is sulfasalazine?
Sulfasalazine has been used to treat RA for many years. Studies show that it is effective and works ...