How is glycopyrrolate used in children?

Glycopyrrolate (Robinul) is prescribed under the brand name Cuvposa as an oral solution for treating children ages 3 to 16 who have certain disabilities that cause sialorrhea -- excessive drooling. Children who have cerebral palsy or other neurologic or neuromuscular diseases may lack the muscle control needed to swallow saliva easily. Glycopyrrolate helps by reducing the amount of saliva in the mouth.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Agent

What are proton pump inhibitors?
Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) block the release of acid by cells that line the stomach. PPIs are the...
What should I know before taking sulfasalazine?
Your doctor will need to do blood tests and check your liver function before you start treatment. I...
What are anticholinergic bronchodilators?
Anticholinergic bronchodilators are medications used to open the lungs when they are in spasm for co...
What should I know before taking anticholinergic bronchodilators?
A long-acting inhaled anticholinergic is one of the preferred treatments for people with few, mild d...