How fast does sulfasalazine work?

The amount of time that it takes sulfasalazine to begin working varies by person and situation. Your doctor can estimate how long it should take for you to begin seeing the results of sulfasalazine on your ulcerative colitis. If you think it is taking too long to see results, talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Agent

How effective are proton pump inhibitors?
PPIs are preferred as the first treatment for acid reflux disease when symptoms become increasingly ...
Do proton pump inhibitors have any side effects?
Side effects may include headaches, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and constipation. P...
What are urinary anticholinergics?
Urinary anticholinergics are drugs that relax the bladder, increasing its capacity and reducing pres...
What can I do if I have EPI and forget to take my enzyme replacement?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
If you have exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) and forget to take your enzyme replacement, take...