Dicyclomine (Bentyl) works to treat symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) by relieving muscle spasms in the stomach or intestines. It does this by stopping certain chemical messengers that cause your bowels to be overactive. Drugs that do this are in the drug class called the anticholinergics, like dicyclomine. It comes as an injection, capsule, a tablet or a syrup taken four times a day.
- Q What is dicyclomine?
- Q What are the side effects of dicyclomine?
- Q What should I know about dicyclomine before taking it?
- Q Does Dicyclomine help females with excessive sweating?
- Q What side effects does dicyclomine (Bentyl) cause?
- Q What if I miss a dose of dicyclomine (Bentyl)?