What should I do if I miss a dose of olsalazine?

Olsalazine (Dipentum) helps to maintain remission by relieving inflammation, diarrhea, rectal bleedin, and abdominal pain in people with ulcerative colitis, a type of inflammatory bowel disease. It blocks the chemical involved in inflammation. It comes as a 250 milligram (mg.) capsule. You should take two capsules (500 mg.) twice a day by mouth, with food, for a total dosage of 1000 mg. a day.

If you miss a dose of olsalazine take it as soon as you remember. If it is very close to the time you are expected to take the next dose, skip the missed one and continue with your regular schedule. Don't take two doses at once.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Agent

What are urinary anticholinergics?
Urinary anticholinergics are drugs that relax the bladder, increasing its capacity and reducing pres...
Do bile acid sequestrants have any side effects?
Side effects of bile acid sequestrants may include constipation, nausea, weakness, sore throat, flu-...
What can I do if I have EPI and forget to take my enzyme replacement?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
If you have exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) and forget to take your enzyme replacement, take...
What drugs may interact with anticholinergic bronchodilators?
If you are taking another anticholinergic drug, anticholinergic bronchodilators can lead to side eff...