What should I do if I miss a dose of olsalazine?

Olsalazine (Dipentum) helps to maintain remission by relieving inflammation, diarrhea, rectal bleedin, and abdominal pain in people with ulcerative colitis, a type of inflammatory bowel disease. It blocks the chemical involved in inflammation. It comes as a 250 milligram (mg.) capsule. You should take two capsules (500 mg.) twice a day by mouth, with food, for a total dosage of 1000 mg. a day.

If you miss a dose of olsalazine take it as soon as you remember. If it is very close to the time you are expected to take the next dose, skip the missed one and continue with your regular schedule. Don't take two doses at once.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Agent

How effective is sulfasalazine?
Sulfasalazine has been used to treat RA for many years. Studies show that it is effective and works ...
How safe are proton pump inhibitors (PPIs)?
Talking about a drug being “safe” is relative. Generally, no drug should be taken continuously witho...
What are the side effects of anticholinergic bronchodilators?
Side effects of anticholinergic bronchodilators may include coughing, headaches, dizziness, blurred ...
How effective are bile acid sequestrants?
Bile acid sequestrants can lower LDL 15% or more at high doses and raise HDL modestly. They do not l...