Can I take promethazine if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?

If you are pregnant or plan to get pregnant, talk to your doctor before taking promethazine. Studies in women have not determined that the medicine harms the unborn baby. Still, you should use caution when taking it. If you are breastfeeding, use caution and talk to your doctor before taking promethazine.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Agent

What is Cholbam?
Cholbam is a bile acid intended for the treatment of genetic illnesses that prevent the creation of ...
What should I know before taking a urinary anticholinergic?
Urinary anticholinergics may take weeks to reach their full effectiveness. For this reason, some exp...
What medications interact with sulfasalazine?
If you are taking heparin, methotrexate, or a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, sulfasalazine may...
How safe are proton pump inhibitors (PPIs)?
Proton pump inhibitors are over-the-counter medicines that help relieve heartburn and treat ulcers. ...