Can I take Lialda if I am breastfeeding?

You and your doctor may decide it is safer for your baby not to breastfeed while you are taking Lialda (mesalamine) for your ulcerative colitis. The drug is known to pass into breast milk, and researchers haven't done studies to figure out if it can harm a nursing baby.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Agent

What should I know before taking sulfasalazine?
Your doctor will need to do blood tests and check your liver function before you start treatment. I...
What can I do if I have EPI and forget to take my enzyme replacement?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
If you have exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) and forget to take your enzyme replacement, take...
What side effects do urinary anticholinergics have?
Side effects may include dryness of the mouth, eyes, and sinuses, blurred vision, abnormal taste, di...
What are proton pump inhibitors?
Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) block the release of acid by cells that line the stomach. PPIs are the...