Can I use glycopyrrolate if I am breastfeeding?

If you're breastfeeding, talk to your doctor about whether you should take glycopyrrolate (Robinul), a drug prescribed to treat peptic ulcers (sores in the stomach or upper part of the small intestine). Doctors don't know for certain whether glycopyrrolate can pass into breast milk and affect a nursing infant. There's a possibility that taking glycopyrrolate may affect your ability to make breast milk. You and your doctor can review your options for treatment and decide what is best for you and your infant.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Agent

What should I know before taking a urinary anticholinergic?
Urinary anticholinergics may take weeks to reach their full effectiveness. For this reason, some exp...
How effective is sulfasalazine?
Sulfasalazine has been used to treat RA for many years. Studies show that it is effective and works ...
What should I know before taking a bile acid sequestrant?
If you have phenylketonuria, a bile acid sequestrant may not be a good option for you. If you have ...
What can I do if I have EPI and forget to take my enzyme replacement?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
If you have exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) and forget to take your enzyme replacement, take...