Is it safe to nurse my baby if I am taking Akineton?

Experts do not know if it is safe for nursing mothers to take Akineton. It is not known if the drug can be found in breast milk and there are no data on how the drug can affect nursing babies. The manufacturer recommends that doctors be cautious about giving the drug to mothers who are breastfeeding. Talk with your doctor about your questions and concerns.

Continue Learning about Gastrointestinal Agent

How safe are proton pump inhibitors (PPIs)?
Proton pump inhibitors are over-the-counter medicines that help relieve heartburn and treat ulcers. ...
What drugs may interact with anticholinergic bronchodilators?
If you are taking another anticholinergic drug, anticholinergic bronchodilators can lead to side eff...
What are bile acid sequestrants?
Bile acid sequestrants are drugs that bind with bile acids in the intestine so that they can't be re...
How effective are proton pump inhibitors?
PPIs are preferred as the first treatment for acid reflux disease when symptoms become increasingly ...