What should I avoid if I have gastritis?

Gastritis is a painful condition where the lining of your stomach becomes inflamed or damaged from stomach acid. Avoid the following items that may add fuel to this fire.

• Ibuprofen: Long-term use of ibuprofen, aspirin and NSAIDs can thin out the lining of your stomach.
  • Alcohol: Excessive drinking (qualified as more than 3 drinks a day for women) can irritate and erode stomach lining.
  • Stress: The body produces gastritis-causing acid in response to stress.
  • Coffee: is acidic, which irritates gastritis. Carbonated drinks and fruit juices may also have a similar effect.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Gastritis

What are the symptoms of gastritis?
Individuals with gastritis typically do not experience symptoms. Those who do experience feelings of...
How does gastritis affect the body?
Wearing down of the stomach lining associated with gastritis can lead to ulcers. Frequent nausea and...
Can I take Meloxiam and Celexa together?
MediGuardMediGuard
Serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) like Celexa have been associated with causing stomach and inte...
Should I talk to my doctor about gastritis?
You should talk to your doctor about gastritis, especially if your indigestion continues for a week ...