What increases my risk of developing gastritis?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

There are several factors that increase your risk of developing gastritis. Bacterial, viral, and fungal infections can lead to gastritis. Using certain medications, such as aspirin and non-steroid inflammatory medications, a variety of injuries or illnesses, radiation treatments, partial gastrectomy, autoimmune disorders where the body attacks itself, age, and chronic illnesses such as Crohn's disease may contribute to the development of gastritis.

Continue Learning about Gastritis

What is gastritis?
Gastritis occurs when the lining of the stomach becomes inflamed, resulting in stomach pain, nausea ...
How does gastritis affect the body?
Wearing down of the stomach lining associated with gastritis can lead to ulcers. Frequent nausea and...
Can I take Meloxiam and Celexa together?
MediGuardMediGuard
Serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) like Celexa have been associated with causing stomach and inte...
What is atrophic gastritis?
Atrophic gastritis is the breakdown of the stomach lining (mucosa) and glands that produce pepsin an...