Should vitamins and minerals be taken daily post gastric bypass surgery?

Tonya Bolden
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
As with my “meals,” I’d have to ingest supplements ever so slowly. No popping a tablet or capsule. I’d have to do chewables to meet the daiLy need of folic acid, calcium, B12, andso on. For some people, vitamins and minerals can be a sometimey thing - when they have a cold, are under a lot of stress, or are feeling run-down. For me, vitamins and minerals could not be a sometimey thing. They will have to be an every-single- day-of-my-life thing because I will never consume enough food to provide my body all the nutrients I need to function properly.
Half the Mother, Twice the Love: My Journey to Better Health with Diabetes

As a talk-show host and inspirational speaker, Mother Love used to have to just grin and bear it -- all that extra weight and the poor health that went along with it. Today she can truly smile as she...

Continue Learning about Gastric Bypass Surgery (Roux-en-Y)

Smart Choices After Gastric Bypass Surgery
In 2015, for the more than 45,000 people in the U.S. who had Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RNYGB) surgery, the gastrointestinal perils they encountered po...
What changes should I expect after gastric bypass surgery?
Rodrick D. McKinlay, MDRodrick D. McKinlay, MD
Some of the changes you can expect after gastric bypass surgery are: learning to eat differently...
Bariatric Surgery Explained in 5 Clicks
Bariatric Surgery Explained in 5 ClicksBariatric Surgery Explained in 5 ClicksBariatric Surgery Explained in 5 ClicksBariatric Surgery Explained in 5 Clicks
A surgeon describes what to expect from this popular weight loss surgery.
What Are the Different Kinds of Bariatric Surgery?