How can I make sure gastric bypass surgery is successful?

You can make sure your gastric bypass surgery is successful by being educated before the surgery and understanding what you’ll need to do after the surgery. Ideally, the patient will see a nutritionist before the surgery to lose weight before the procedure and to work on a program they can follow after the surgery. A lot of people will lose weight after the surgery, but they can also regain that weight. The most effective way to keep the weight off is to practice good diet and exercise habits before the surgery. 
Curtis L. Peery, MD
Surgery
Laproscopic gastric bypass has a long and winning track record. Check out this video with Dr. Curtis Peery of Sanford Health to learn the multi-syllable words -- and the key follow-up -- that make the procedure successful.

Continue Learning about Gastric Bypass Surgery (Roux-en-Y)

Double Trouble: Unexpected Result of Sleeve Gastrectomy
College Times says the top three movies to watch when you’re tipsy are Superbad, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and The Rocky Horror Picture Show. We ...
Can I stop taking diabetes medications after gastric bypass surgery?
Rebecca BeecroftRebecca Beecroft
Many patients experience improved glucose control after gastric bypass. It is up to your physician i...
Bariatric Surgery Explained in 5 Clicks
Bariatric Surgery Explained in 5 ClicksBariatric Surgery Explained in 5 ClicksBariatric Surgery Explained in 5 ClicksBariatric Surgery Explained in 5 Clicks
A surgeon describes what to expect from this popular weight loss surgery.
Why Should I Go to an Information Seminar before Weight Loss Surgery?