Can I stop taking diabetes medications after gastric bypass surgery?

Rebecca Beecroft
Nursing
Many patients experience improved glucose control after gastric bypass. It is up to your physician if stopping diabetic medications is appropriate. You can help the doctor in that process by tracking your blood glucose as ordered. Keep a food diary and bring this to your appointments. This allows the physician to make adjustments in your treatment based on your improvement and your own participation in your care.

Continue Learning about Gastric Bypass Surgery (Roux-en-Y)

Double Trouble: Unexpected Result of Sleeve Gastrectomy
College Times says the top three movies to watch when you’re tipsy are Superbad, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and The Rocky Horror Picture Show. We ...
Who should have gastric bypass surgery?
If you lose 100 pounds, you’ll gain 100% in self-confidence and health. You’ll dramatically reduce y...
What diet should I follow after gastric bypass surgery?
Tonya BoldenTonya Bolden
The opening of the four-phase postsurgery diet plan Dr. Lourie provided said, “It will be necessary ...
What Are the Types of Weight Loss Surgery?