Can I stop taking diabetes medications after gastric bypass surgery?

Many patients experience improved glucose control after gastric bypass. It is up to your physician if stopping diabetic medications is appropriate. You can help the doctor in that process by tracking your blood glucose as ordered. Keep a food diary and bring this to your appointments. This allows the physician to make adjustments in your treatment based on your improvement and your own participation in your care.

Continue Learning about Gastric Bypass Surgery (Roux-en-Y)

Double Trouble: Unexpected Result of Sleeve Gastrectomy
College Times says the top three movies to watch when you’re tipsy are Superbad, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and The Rocky Horror Picture Show. We ...
Do I have to take vitamins after gastric bypass surgery?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
After gastric bypass, your body’s ability to absorb vitamins and minerals is altered. Also your food...
Bariatric Surgery Explained in 5 Clicks
Bariatric Surgery Explained in 5 ClicksBariatric Surgery Explained in 5 ClicksBariatric Surgery Explained in 5 ClicksBariatric Surgery Explained in 5 Clicks
A surgeon describes what to expect from this popular weight loss surgery.
Which Weight Loss Surgery Is the Safest?