How should I prepare for my appointment to diagnose gallstones?

To prepare for your appointment to diagnose gallstones, first find out about any limitations on what you can eat or drink before the appointment. Make a list of your current medications and supplements and a list of your symptoms, whether or not they seem connected to gallstones. Think about any questions you have and write them down as well. Be sure to bring a friend or someone from your family to help you remember important information.

Continue Learning about Gallstones

What is the treatment for gallstones?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
In patients who develop recurrent or persistent symptoms, surgery to remove the gallbladder is almos...
What kinds of questions should I ask my doctor about gallstones?
Creating a list of questions before you see your doctor will help you get the most from your appoint...
Can Gallstones Be Broken Up Like Kidney Stones?
Dr. Rayls - What Causes Gallstones?
Dr. Rayls - What Causes Gallstones?