Larger gallstones are not dangerous, but the smaller ones can cause problems. They can travel into the main duct that drains your liver and block off the pancreas and the liver. That's when you turn yellow and get pancreatitis.
- Q What raises my risk for gallstones?
- Q Can statin drugs used to lower cholesterol affect gall stones?
- Q Who is at risk for gallstones?
- Q Can pregnancy increase my risk of gallstones?
- Q How is obesity related to developing gallstones?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for gallstones?