Larger gallstones are not dangerous, but the smaller ones can cause problems. They can travel into the main duct that drains your liver and block off the pancreas and the liver. That's when you turn yellow and get pancreatitis.
- Q Can statin drugs used to lower cholesterol affect gall stones?
- Q Can losing weight increase my risk for gallstones?
- Q Can fasting cause gallstones?
- Q Do gallstones run in families?
- Q How is obesity related to developing gallstones?
- Q Why are women more likely to develop gallstones?