Larger gallstones are not dangerous, but the smaller ones can cause problems. They can travel into the main duct that drains your liver and block off the pancreas and the liver. That's when you turn yellow and get pancreatitis.
- Q Can fasting cause gallstones?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for gallstones?
- Q Can statin drugs used to lower cholesterol affect gall stones?
- Q How do gallstones form?
- Q Why are women more likely to develop gallstones?
- Q Can losing weight increase my risk for gallstones?