What are some general guidelines for exploring the G-spot?

Emily Nagoski
Emily Nagoski on behalf of Good In Bed

To sum up, I’ll give you three general guidelines to follow while you’re exploring the G-spot: Start slow, go long, and relax.

1:Start slow. Remember, the G-spot is easier to find and more erotically sensitive when you’re already aroused. Spend time with nonpenetrative stimulation before you go for the G-spot.

2:Go long. Take your time and allow your arousal level to build. Feel free to alternate between G-spot and clitoral stimulation, or do both simultaneously. G-spot stimulation can generate a very intense level of arousal, but it often takes time to build up. Allow for half an hour or even an hour -- it’s better than a long, hot bath!

3:Relax. Because it can take time, you might worry that it’s taking too long, or you might start wondering if it’s working. Remember: Your definition of success is enjoying this new experience and not wondering if you’re doing it “right.” If it feels good, you’re doing it right. Allow yourself to feel good without having any goal beyond just experiencing this pleasure.

G-spot play is all about expanding your sexual potential and exploring your sexual landscape. Getting to know your body and all the glorious things it can do for you is a reward in and of itself. Give the G-spot a try and see how it changes your sexuality

The Good in Bed Guide to Female Orgasms

The Good in Bed Guide to Female Orgasms

Want to learn how to achieve 487 different kinds of orgasms?If so, you’re reading the wrong guidebook. Despite what many in the media would have you believe, there’s no such thing as a rainbow...

Continue Learning about G-Spot Stimulation

Why does pressure on my G-spot either make me need to pee or hurt?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
The vagina does not go straight up and down. For most women, it is angled toward the abdomen. If you...
Why can G-spot stimulation take a long time and then hurt?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
The buildup required for orgasm stimulated by the G-spot is, for most women, long and slow and inten...
How does the G-spot amplification shot work?
Eva B. Cwynar, MDEva B. Cwynar, MD
Imagine being able to enhance the quality of your orgasms simply by having a quick and nearly pa...
How is the G-spot like a man’s prostate?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
A woman’s G-spot is sort of like a prostate. For every part that a man has, a woman has an equivalen...