What is aspergillosis?

Aspergillosis is an infectious fungal disease that occurs most often in the skin, ears, nasal sinuses, and lungs of people with suppressed immune systems.

There are many different kinds of aspergillosis and is most commonly found in asthmatics and people with cystic fibrosis. It can cause respiratory symptoms like coughing or wheezing and fever.

Continue Learning about Fungal Infections

How do I manage my fungal infections on a daily basis?
You can manage your fungal infections on a daily basis by following the indications of your doctor r...
What is fungus?
A fungus is a type of organism that lives in soil, water, on plants and in the air. Mold is a common...
What is mycotoxicosis?
Lawrence T. Chiaramonte, MDLawrence T. Chiaramonte, MD
Molds such as Stachybotrys chartarum, Fusarium, and Trichoderma can produce very toxic compounds, wh...
Sizing Up Athlete's Foot
Sizing Up Athlete's Foot